A cousin of mine, Shweta Jaiswal has started making amazing healthy desserts at home which are delicious for the tongue and super healthy for the body! Today I am going to tell you how you make this super yummy mango ice cream at home. A lot of my friends have tried it and are absolutely loving it!
The best part about making this ice-cream is that its very simple and can be made easily without any special equipment.
You will need:
- 1.5 Litres of milk
- 3 Ripe mangoes
- 2 Tablespoon Jaggery
- Honey and nuts to varnish (optional)
- Add the milk in a saucepan and let it boil.
- .Keep boiling it in low flame till the time it thickens and becomes thick in consistency.
- Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add 2 table spoon of grated jaggery stir for the next 2 more minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down
- Take 3 ripe mangoes, remove the flesh and grind it to form a pulp
- Mix the thick milk and mango pulp together
- Pour the liquid in a square plastic container and cover the mouth with an aluminium foil.
- Freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove the frozen liquid and churn it again. You can use a mixer grinder for the same. this porcess makes your liquid frothy and traps air bubbles in between. It also makesit creamier.
- Pour the mixture again in a the box and let it freeze it for next 12 hours.
- Your icecream is ready to enjoy. you can top it up with fresh mangoes, honey and nuts.
Mangoes are one fruit that we all love and the best part is that is widely available in all parts of india. They are sweet, juicy and perfect for all sorts of desserts. This icecream recipe might take 1-2 trials for it to be perfect but the end result will be completely worth it.
Thank you my amazing cousin for your awesome recipes. They are so simple and amazing. I hope to write so many of your awesome recipe here in future too.